Friday, October 29, 2010

White Tongue Red Tyip

Scary? No. .. Moving!

In late October this I'm back from a short stay in London where I saw pubs and shops adorned with the inevitable cobwebs, grinning pumpkins and other decorations horrible for the next Halloween party.

is probably why, having nothing to read at the airport, I finally decided to buy ' Twilight'! The book was half price, the risk was not very great ;-)

I must confess
, as many readers (French? Teachers?), I am wary of bestsellers - Not to mention the extracts I have seen the film adaptation seemed particularly ridiculous. For me, the only vampire story worthy of interest is that of ' Dracula' by Bram Stoker (1897) with its magnificent adaptation FFCoppola.

But two days later ... AMAZING! I am Fan!
I devoured (!) The 430 pages ...

'Twilight' by Stephenie Meyer (2006 - 434 pages)
Minimum level required: B1 + (may be suitable for young readers)
(to determine your level of reading, see the pages of June 09 of this blog)

I urge all those who liked the book in French and / or film to read this novel in its original version. It is well written, English is really accessible with little description and lots of dialogue. is a very good first book to read in English without getting discouraged.

I guess everyone knows the story. I was prepared to stories of fatal bites and dripping (usually I pass the pages in question !)...

NOT AT ALL
: it is first and foremost a beautiful love story that will not fail to awaken the working girl who sleeps in you! The tone can
may be light and fun, but we are still in the 'teenage wasteland ' are talking about in WHO Who's Next . This means we share the discomfort of a teenage girl (the narrator), his discovery of love, truth, and all the great existential anxieties that come with it. However, zero sentimentality. It's hard to believe that this is happening in the U.S. ;-).
is very strong. Very moving.
Personally I like less the story of vampires but I think the parallel world created by Stephanie Meyer is at least as complex as invented by JK Rowling Harry Potter in . So my hat To Her.

Mixed result for still reading ' Scary' Halloween!
Too bad, A ll We Need is Love.

Breaking News (Saturday, 30 October 2010) : I just watched (read 'suffer'!) Twighlight ', the film ...
HELP! Too much of everything: too many noises, too many shortcuts inept, too sentimental, even in VO, then VF, I dare not even imagine ...
That is to say nothing better than reading, no player will surpass the beauty that the reader can imagine, and no writer can not convincingly reduce 430 pages in 2 hours of film. Quite the opposite, Actually.

0 comments:

Post a Comment